Our History

The current organization was started with a group of five  members assigned as trustees of the Limited Service, Trinity United Methodist Church in 2004 and the members of the Puncheon Landing Association in 2002.


DETAIL HISTORY:

  • The history of Trinity Cemetery Corporation started many years ago when the congregation of Little Union Methodist Episcopal Church started construction of Trinity Methodist Episcopal Church before 1891.  The cemetery is circa 1891 and would have been abandoned if a group of volunteers had not worked to save it.  The Trinity Cemetery Corporation was founded on February 12, 2016 to continue operating and ensuring the future of the cemetery.  
  • Trinity Methodist Episcopal Church became Trinity United Methodist Church.  Trinity Cemetery Inc. received ownership of the church and cemetery from the Peninsula Delaware Conference of the United Methodist Church in 2017.
  • Puncheon Landing Cemetery and land was deeded to Trinity Cemetery, Inc. by The children of Levin James Waters in 2019.  
  • Currently we are working to remove the building from the property due to lack of funding to repair the building. Our goal is to ensure that Trinity Cemetery and Puncheon Landing Cemetery are  maintained through a perpetual care trust fund for each cemetery.  
  • We started placing US flags at the graves of Military Veterans in 2019.  As of Memorial Day through Veterans Day US flags will be placed at each veteran's grave.  During 2020 US flags will be placed before May 25th and will remain in place until after November 11th.